Monday, August 8, 2016

Travel Diary: Tour Du Mont Blanc

This had been the most epic trek I ever did in my life. The moments of joy, struggles and a couple of life threatening experiences my team and I had, as we wandered into the well-known wilderness.

I had many first-times of my life during this trek. My very first time to feel how snow is really like. My first time trekking with a bunch of great buddies with no porter and guide.

It was physically challenging and yet at the same time, inspired to explore the sheer beauty of this place. Even as this journey comes with challenges and gave me an emotional, physical roller coaster ride, I am thankful that I am not doing this alone.

Even up till now, I am fortunate to have my spirits and the emotions lifted by a wonderful trekking team. Without them, I felt I could barely make it with the amount of physical exhaustion nature threw at me.  Neither are we were not trekkers by nature nor we are prepared for this.

At the end of the day, we have made it alive and to be able to share with you my story.

Now more about Mont Blanc.

This trek itself, cuts through the borders of three beautiful countries, France, Italy and Switzerland. The circuit itself, draws about 170 km in distance and that took us 10 exhausting days to finish it. Weather was fantastic but do expect rain in a few days too. Therefore, do invest in some waterproof essentials (jacket, pants, shoes, bags) which you will thank me for when time to come. The journey itself even thought it is summer, do expect snow to exist still as we are crossing mountain routes. To me it felt like we are crossing four-seasons in a circuit.

Food and accommodations were all wonderful during the period we were there. Hot showers, clean water were all easily available. Therefore do pack your bag wisely and not to over-pack.

Talking about packing, I will probably share with you behind the screen on how I pack all my crap up and trek it. Some dos and some donts probably.

All in all, the circuit was an eye-opener which quickly makes you forget that you are tired (for me only maybe). Trust me this is one of a bucket list that I had been thinking for a very long time.

This trek is worth it all.


















Its time that I shall end my story with some little footage of how it was like to be on the trek. Trek was done in late June 2016. Enjoy.


Stay tuned for more videos to come in the future that I can share with you more about my experience in my travel diaries. Signing off with lots of love...


Camera Gear used:
Canon 5D Mark III
Canon 35L F/1.4
Canon 50L F/1.2
Canon 70-200 F/4

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever feel a threat of an avalache? And what did you do when you saw a bunch of clouds approaching you? Great video though

    ReplyDelete